As a faith community, Christ Moravian Church takes seriously the importance of caring for the health and wellbeing of our congregants and tenants, as well as the community at large. Since the beginning of the pandemic, worship services have been exclusively offered online, but that is all changing.
Beginning on August 22, 2021 at 10:30 am, we are happy to welcome everyone home!
Out of an abundance of care and caution, CMC has instituted the following policies and procedures to minimize the risks of virus transmission during worship services:
· Attendance will be limited to 40 individuals, including the pastor and elder.
· Attendees will be asked to conduct a self-screening a maximum of two hours before attending.
· Ushers will seat attendees so that each cohort group is distanced from others.
· Preregistration will be required for each of these Sundays, by phone or email to the church office. Registration for each Sunday will be accepted no sooner than the preceding Sunday.
· Registrations will be accepted in the order they are received with a waitlist to be kept for the next service, if required.
· Attendees will be required to wear masks inside the building. Disposable masks will be placed at the entrance for those who forget to bring their own.
· Attendees will be required to enter through the front door. Only those using canes and walkers should enter through the east door.
· If there is a line up, attendees are asked to maintain a 2 metre distance from other cohort groups.
· Once in the building, attendees will use hand sanitizer and check in with the greeters.
· Ushers will direct attendees to seats and monitor the number of people in each section.
· Visiting and lingering inside the building before and after the service will not be allowed. Coffee will not be served.
· Attendees wishing to share a time of fellowship may gather outside, with a recommendation that masks and distancing continue.
· High level of cleaning and sanitization will remain in place, particularly for high touch surfaces and common areas such as washrooms.
· Attendees are strongly encouraged to be familiarize themselves with proper hand sanitation and respiratory etiquette as indicated on signs in the building.
· Soft congregational singing and choral reading of prayers and liturgies may take place with masks on. Clergy, readers and soloists may remove masks provided there is at least three metres distance between themselves and others.
If you are not vaccinated, please consider doing so. It is the most effective way to protect yourself from serious illness, and prevent the spread of this virus to others, including our children. Immunization is also an important factor in slowing the development of variants that may be resistant to vaccines.